- Built and delivered awesome web applications with thoughtbot, and will help to roll out a beginning Rails thoughtbot training course later this January.
- Attended RailsConf, RubyConf, the Lone Star Ruby Conference, and spoke at Boston.rb on Clearance, a small auth plugin for Ruby web apps.
- Started learning more biology in earnest by taking a cell- and micro-bio course at Harvard Extension and working with DIYbio. While the lecture is a very good one, as lectures go, I preferred the lab to the lecture and, as such, intend to do more hands-on learning in 2009. A few projects I would like to undertake include:
- Working through Shoestring Biotechnology: Budget-Oriented High Quality Biotechnology Laboratories for Two-Year College and High School.
- Working on at least one piece of equipment with DIYbio folks, such as Open Gel Box 2.0.
- Participating in a DIYbio iGEM team.
Hey folks! It’s been a while (whew… 6 months?) since my last update here. Here are a few things I’ve been up to, and what my plans over the next few months are: